Monday, June 24, 2013

Flashcards - so much fun!

Hello everyone!
I would like to talk about the flashcards today! Please join me!
Since I am studying Master course in the University of Latvia, I am learning different new things constantly. Some time ago, I came across Howard Gardner's multiple intelligence theory that indicates that teachers should aim to appeal to all the different learner types at some point during the course. This is the reason I started to use flashcards.
Animals

Flashcards are cards that contain words, picture, numbers, etc.  They could be colourful or b/w. The purpose of the flashcards is to help to improve the visual memory, associating things and comprehension of the child. Mostly flashcards make a real impact on visual learners, as well as on kinaesthetic learners. The activities accompanied with the flashcards are simple, active and children enjoy doing them.
A brain of a young child between 3 month and 6 years acts like a sponge, absorbs huge amounts of information, and learns many different things very quickly. 
Flashcards can help to train memory, drill the words, make associations, revise vocabulary, to make the first steps in reading, to train physical activity and fine motor skills (by applying different games), etc.
In addition, flashcards allow me to include in the lesson different flexible modifications and assemble them according to any student type, so developing a personalized flashcard portfolio is one of the most effective ways to enrich one's teaching experience. I love to use thematic dominoes and mini-cards for that purpose.



Feelings
Shapes

Face

This is just a small part of my collection I am sharing with you!
Have fun with your kids!

Good-bye for the moment!

Inna

P.S. ideas and el. flashcards taken from: http://genkienglish.net and www.dreamenglish.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment